From the time of Marmion and William the Conqueror
(1066) to Everett Aborn Bradway (1918) twenty-six gen-
erations have appeared upon the stage.
Accepting the historic statement that both William the
Conqueror and Marmion were decendants (6th generation)
from a common ancestor Rollo (860) , Everett Aborn Brad-
way can trace his ancestry for thirty-two generations, over
a space of 1 058 years, or more than one half of the Chris-
E. A. A.
THE KI1Y<& CHAMPION,
Puhh-htJ^! iht An ,hrt. t't nth August /S/;, it H. K. CamM, rj. Bin-hit Lm, , Criilull.
1 . A sword erect arg. hilt and pommel or.
2 A lion passant arg. crowned or.
3. Scalp of a hare, ears erect ppr.
1. Dymoke. Sa. two lions passant arg. crowned or.
2. Ludlow. Az. three lions passant guardant arg.
3. Marmion. Vair on a fess gu. frette or.
4. Kilpeck. Sa. a sword point downwards arg. hilt and pommel or (Sic
5. Hebden. Ermine, five fusils in fess gu.
6. Rye. Gu. on a bend arg. three ears of rye sa.
7. Welles. Or, a lion rampant queue fourche sa.
8. Waterton. Barry of six ermines and gules, three crescents sa.
9. Engaine. Gules, a fesse dancette, between six cross crosslets or.
1 0. Sparrow. Arg. Six sparrows sa. three two and one, on a chief indented
gu. two swords in saltire points upward arg. hilts and pommels or be-
tween two lions heads erased of the last
1 1 . Talboys. Arg. a saltire gules, on a chief of the second three escallops
of the field.
1 2. Barraden. Gu. on a bend arg. three cinquefoils sa.
13. Fitzwith. Gules, two bendlets or.
14. Umfraville. Gules, a cinquefoil between eight cross crosslets or.
1 5. Kyme. Gules a chevron between nine cross crosslets or.
£MOTTO-Vro %ege TUmico.
Everett Anderson Aborn was born at Elling-
ton, Conn., Dec. 31st, 1859. Educated at Mon-
son Academy, Monson, Mass., Amherst Col-
lege, Amherst, Mass., A. B. 1883, A. M. 18S6,
Union College of Law, Chicago, 111., L. L. B.
1887. Unmarried. Practicing law in Chica-
Summer Home: Crystal Lake, Conn.
Clubs: Town and Country Club, Chicago,
Beta Theta Pi Club, New York
Shrine Club, Hartford.
Societies: Elks, Odd Fellows, Blue Lodge,
Chapter, Council, Knights Temp-
lar, Mystic Shrine, Consistory,
Phi Delta Phi, Beta Theta Pi,
Mayflower Descendants, Sons of
American Revolution, Chicago
C. Walton Aborn was born at Ellington,
Conn., July 14, 1876. Educated at Rockville
High School (1894). Estimator, Isaac G.
Johnson & Co., Spuyten Duyvil, New York
City. Married. Georgia A. Emery of Barre,
Vt., who died February 16, 1920.
Lucius Emery (13) and Lora Worthley, born
May 30, 1907.
Residence: Spuyten Duyvil, New York
Summer Home: Crystal Lake, Conn.
Clubs: Nipnichsen Club.
Societies: Masonic Order, Odd Fellows,
Encampment, Mayflower De-
scendants, Sons of American
Paternal grand-parents Lucius Aborn and Lora Anderson.
Maternal grand-parents Warren Richardson and Luna Dimock.
Three Aborn brothers came from Holland. Samuel settled in Salem,
Mass., Reuben settled in Providence, R. I. and John settled in New London,
1. Samuel Aborn was an early settler of Salem Village, Mass. He was
born about 1611. He married Catherine Smith of Marblehead, Mass.
Samuel, Joseph, Moses, Mary, Rebecca, Hannah and Sarah.
2. Moses Aborn, born in 1645, baptized in First Salem. Church June 6th,
1648, removed to Lynn, Mass., 1678. He married Sarah Haines and
later Abigail Gilbert of Ipswich.
Moses, Joseph, Sarah, Abigail, Thomas, Hannah, Mary, John, Samuel
3. Samuel Aborn was born in Lynn, Mass., March 19, 1692. Married
Martha Bancroft and later Sarah Needham of Salem, Mass.
John, Samuel, Sarah, Jane, Susanna, and William.
4. Samuel Aborn baptized June 4th, 1727 in First Church Salem, married
Nov. 7, 1753 to Mary Ingham of Hebron, live in Tolland, Conn.
Martha, Samuel, Mary died in infancy, Mary, John, Dorcas, Elizabeth,
Ruth and Reuben.
5. John Aborn was born in Tolland, Conn., June 23, 1761. Married June
28, 1796 to Sarah Russell of Ellington, Conn.
Sallie, Laura, John G., Hannah, Dan, Reuben, Lucius, Parkil, Madison,
Morton and Maria.
6. Lucius Aborn was born in Tolland, Conn., Oct. 13, 1806. Married
April 13, 1835 to Lora Anderson (16) of Willington. Died April 30,
1897 at Ellington, Conn.
Lora S., Lucius A., and Martha L.
7. Lucius A. Aborn was born in Tolland, Conn., June 3, 1838. Died
March 20, 1916 at Ellington, Conn. Married Sept. 23, 1858 to Caroline
C. Richardson, who died March 22, 1916. Both were laid to rest March
23, 1916 in the cemetery over-looking Crystal Lake.
Though the granite shall crumble
The waves shall chant their requiem
Until time shall be no more.
Everett A., Warren L., Martha C. and C. Walton.
8. Everett Anderson Aborn.
8., Warren Lucius Aborn was born June 8, 1862 at Stafford, Conn. Mar-
ried July 30, 1889 at Chicago to Jennie C. Neafus. Died Sept. 11,
1899 at Chicago, 111.
8. Maitha Caroline Aborn was born Nov. 5, 1872 at Ellington, Conn.
Married Dec. 25, 1894 to Walter H. Skinner of Rockville, Conn.
Lucile A. (Brad way) born Oct. 30, 1898. Everett W., born Jan. 9,
1903. Warren H., born Nov. 8, 1904. Walton A., born April 26, 1906.
8. C. Walton Aborn.
9. Truby N. Aborn was born in Chicago July 11, 1890. Married Aug. 16,
1919 to Gail E. Gibons.
9. Lucius E. Aborn was born in Hartford, Conn., June 1, 1901.
1. Robert Anderson appears in Mansfield, Conn., about 1722. His
wife's name was Abigail who died Sept. 15, 1743.
Abigail, Mary, George and Perez.
2. George Anderson was born Feb. 23, 1726. Married. Abigail Brown
of Windham, Conn., March 23, 1749.
Thomas, -died Oct. 1754, Rubee, Stephen, Jerusha, Thomas, William,
Lemuel, Elizabeth, Luther and Calvin.
3. Thomas Anderson was born in Willington, Conn., June 24. 1758
Married Sarah Goodell and Alice Whitmore. Died March 30, 1835.
Lester, Sylenda, Thomas, Lora, Jacob, Ira, Willard, Hannah, Alice,
Abigail, Otis, George and Alfred.
4. Lora Anderson was born Dec. 24, 1802 and died July 6. 1891 at
Ellington, Conn.„Married April 13, 1835 to Lucius Aborn (6).
5. Lucius A. Aborn (7).
6. Everett Anderson Aborn.
6. C. Walton Aborn.
SONS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION.
Thomas Anderson (16) with his father, George and six brothers en-
listed May 6, 1775 in General Israel Putnam's 3rd Regt. 5th. Co. Thomas
Knowlton, Ashford, Conn., Captain. They were engaged in the battle of
Bunker Hill, and discharged Nov. 1, 1775.
History of Ancient Windsor, Conn. War of the Revolution. Page 55.
1. Ezekiel Richardson was born in England and married Susanna
Bradford of the same place. Died Oct. 21, 1647 at Woburn, Mass.
Phebe, Theophilus, Josich, John, Jonathan, James and Ruth.
2 Theonhilus Richardson was bom Dec. 22, 1633 at Chartestown,
MaS P MarrSd Mary Champney of Cambridge, Mass. Died Dec.
28, 1674 at Woburn, Mass.
Ezekiel, Mary, Sarah, Abigail, Hannah, John, Hester, Ruth and
* Tnhn Richardson was born Jan. 16, 1667 at Woburn, Mass. Married.
3 - Deborah ^Brooks o?Woburn. Died Oct. 29, 1749, Woburn, Mass.
Mary, John, Deborah, Sarah, Josiah, Nathan, Eunice, Lidia, and
4. John Richardson was born Dec. 29, 169?, w oburn Mass ™°™£
Abigail Swan 1714, Cambridge, Mass. Died Nov. 15, 1745, Woburn.
Gershom, Abigail, Ezra, Jasher, Deborah and Abijah.
5 Gershom Richardson was born May 4, 1715 Woburn Mass. Mar-
ried Jerusha Royce, 1743, Abigail Fuller, 1759. Died July 31, 1788,
Issue of Jerusha.
Nathan, Jerusha, Isaac, Reuben and Isaac.
Issue of Abigail.
Seth, Gershom, John and Sarah.
6 John Richardson was born Sept. 28, 1763 at Stafford, Conn Mar-
ried Judith Burroughs Feb. 7, 1792. Died April 28, 1839 at Stafford,
Warren, John, William, Alice, Collins, Marvin and Orson.
7. Warren Richardson was born Nov. 3, 1794 at Stafford Conn Mar-
ried Luna Dimock (43) Feb. 1833. Died March 20, 1872, Stafford,
Mariette L., Eliza L., Adelia E., Collins W., Caroline C, Merrick A.,
Gordon M., and Janette A.
8. Caroline C. Richardson (7) was born at Stafford, Conn., July 31, 1838.
9. Everett Anderson Aborn.
9. C Walton Aborn.
MARMYUN— DYMOKE— DiMOCK.
Both William, afterwards called the Conqueror, and the Marmions
were descendants (6th generation) from a common ancestor, Rollo (A. D.
860) called "the ganger" from his marvellous activity.
When William came over to seek his fortune in England he brought
with him, as might have been expected, his Champion, Sir Robert Mar-
mion, the Sire or Lord of Fontenay.
The present Champion is a lineal descendant of Sir Philip Marmion
.through the lady whose marriage with the Gloucester Knight in the days
of Edward III., is the link that connects the houses of Dymoke and Mar-
There is no doubt that Sir Philip Marmion was directly descended
irom the great Robert Dispensator, who accompanied William of Nor-
mandy in his descent upon England in the year 1066.
Scrivelsby, The Home of the Champions (infra).
1. Robert Marmyun — Milisent temp. William Conq. (1066)
2. Robert Marmyun — Maud DeBeauchamp.
3. Robert Marmyun — 1st wife Maud.
4. Robert Marmyun
5. Philip Marmyun — 2nd wife Mary.
6. Joane Marmyun — Sir Thomas De Ludlow Knt.
7. Thomas De Ludlow — Catherine.
8. Margaret De Ludlow— Sir John Dymoke, Knt.
Sir John Dymoke Knt. First of his name King's Champion at the
coronation of Richaid II. (1367).
9. Sir Thomas Dymoke, Champion to Henry IV. and V.
10. Sir Philip Dymoke, Champion to Henry VI.
11. Sir Thomas Dymoke, Champion to Edward IV.
12. Sir Robert Dymoke, Champion to Richard III. Henry VII. and VIII.
13. Sir Edward Dymoke, Champion to Edward VI. and Mary and Eliza-
14. Arthur Dymoke (Youngest Son).
15. Edward Dymoke (Pinchback, England).
Savage's Genealogical Dictionary of New England, Vol. II. p. 51.
American Biography Vol. III. p. 74 Scrivelsby, The Home of the
Cnampions, American Branch of the Dymoke Family, Rev. Samuel
Lodge M. A. Canon of Lincoln and Rector of Scrivelsby 2nd Edition,
16. Thomas Dimock— Ann Hammond. (Born about 1610, England).
17. Shubael Dimock— Joanna Bursley. Born 1644 Barnstable, Mass.
18. John Dimock— Abigail Lumber. Born 1666, Barnstable, Mass.
19. Timothy Dimock— Ann Bradford (60). Born 1693, Mansfield, Conn.
20. John Dimock— Hannah Smith. Born 1727, Mansfield, Conn.
21. Abner Dimock— Love Newell. Born 1767, Stafford, Conn.
22. Luna Dimock— Warren Richardson. Born 1801, Stafford, Conn.
23. Caroline C. Richardson — Lucius A. Aborn.
24. Everett A. Aborn — Unmarried.
24. Martha C. Aborn— Walter H. Skinner.
24. C. Walton Aborn— Georgia A. Emery.
25. Lucile A. Skinner — Carl Bradway. Married November 29, 1917.
26. Everett Aborn Bradway — Born Dec. 24, 1918.
1. William Bradford, 1590-1657. Governor 1621. Wife drowned. Their
2. William Bradford, married, widow Wiswall. Their son,
3. Joseph Bradford, born at Kinston, Mass., about 1674, died at New
London, Conn., Jan. 16, 1747, married on Oct. 5, 1698 to Anna Fitch,
who died at Lebanon, Conn., on Oct. 17, 1715. Their daughter,
4. Anna Bradford, born at Lebanon, Conn., on July 26, 1699, married at
Mansfield, Conn., on August 15th, 1723 to Timothy Dimock, born at
Mansfield, Conn., on July 16, 1693, died in 1783. Their son,
5. John Dimock, born at Mansfield, Conn., March 24, 1727, died at Staf-
ford, Conn., in 1800, married at Mansfield, Conn., on Jan. 17, 1753 to
Hannah Smith born in 1734, died at Stafford on May 26, 1777. Their
6. Abner Dimock born at Stafford, Conn., August 8, 1767, died at West
Stafford in 1842, married to Love Newell born at Ellington, Conn., in
1767, died Oct. 14, 1846. Their daughter,
7. Luna Dimock (43) born at Stafford, Conn., on Nov. 8, 1801, died
at Stafford, Conn., Sept. 19, 1853, married at Stafford, Conn., in Feb.
1833 to Warren Richardson, born at Stafford, Conn., on Nov. 3, 1794,
died at Stafford, March 20, 1872. Their daughter.
8. Caroline C. Richardson, born at Stafford, Conn., on July 31, 1838,
died at Ellington, Conn., on March 22, 1916, married at Stafford, Conn!
on Sept. 23, 1858 to Lucius A. Aborn (7). Their sons,
9. Everett Anderson Aborn.
9. C. Walton Aborn.
Genealogical Dictionary of New England.
Burkes (1914) Landed Gentry of Great Britain.
The Essex Antiquarian.
Hine's Early Lebanon.
Beers Biographical Records.
Stiles Ancient Windsor.
Waldo's History of Tolland.
Posterity of Ezekiel Richardson.
Scrivelsby, The Home of the Champions.
American Biography Vol., III. Page 74 (Pub. 1918)
T. F. RADY & CO