Skip to main content
THE FIFTH POINT
ON MAGIC. WHAT MAGIC is. WHAT THE
MAGICAL GKOUND IS.
1. Magic is the mother of eternity, of the being
of all beings; for it creates itself, and is under-
stood in desire.
2. It is in itself nothing but a will, and this will
is the great mystery of all wonders and secrets, but
brings itself by the imagination of the desireful
hunger into being.
3. It is the original state of Nature. Its desire
makes ^n imagination (Einbildung), and imagina-
tion or figuration is only the will of desire. But
desire makes in the will such a being as the will
in itself is.
4. True Magic is not a being, but the desiring
spirit of the being. It is a matrix without sub-
stance, but manifests itself in the substantial being.
5. Magic is spirit, and being is its body ; and yet
the two are but one, as body and soul is but one
6. Magic is the greatest secrecy, for it is above
Nature, and makes Nature after the form of its
Tt is the mvsterv of the Ternary, viz. it is