Skip to main content
SOUTH-WESTEBN DIALECT OP MUWAPOBE. 115
FREE TRANSLATION OF THE FOREGOING.
1. Alas, what hast thou done, O Krishna ? Where hast thou gone ?
2. Why art thou lying on the ground ? Is it certain that thou art going to leave
3. Why art thou making Vrindavana a desert ?
4u In the Treta age I was Lakshmaua. When I fell struck by the lafttf-spear,
5. Thou didst weep and wast inconsolable.
6. In this, Dvapara, age thou art the younger, and hast made me the elder.
7. Is it for this reason, 0 Krishna, that thou makest me to bear all this sorrow ?
8 & 9. Thou hast put her in prison in whose womb thou wast conceived, and hast
placed upon her breast a stone.
The next specimen is an account of a good boy in the same dialect*