SOTTTH-«ASTBBN OT BlX&UNT, NOAKHAUL 319
Dudher hattur chana ar mnkhSr hattor baran.
Dudher hottur send, dr mukter kott&r boron.
Bhai bfcndhav hatttir *ay, matoger ba£ y& jan,
Eha* bdndhob hotttir »<5y, matger bosh ze ton.
(1) Mother Kaikeyi waa the enemy of Kama, while Bama was the
enemy of Eavana.
A moonlit night is the enemy of the thief, while work is the enemy
of the idle.
(2) Worms and duckweeds are the enemies of water, while lime is the
enemy of betel leaves.
Weevils are the enemies of bamboos, while salt is the enemy of the
(3) Grass is the enemy of the field, while cultivation is the enemy of
Enlarged spleen is the enemy of the children, while cough is the
enemy of the old.
(4) A father is the enemy of the rude and obstinate son, and those who
live in separate mess are enemies of each other*
A quilt is an enemy in the month of Chaitra, unless one Has got
(5) Creepers are enemies of trees, while worms are the enemies of
Co-wives are enemies of each other, while sorrow is the enemy of
(6) Weasels are enemies of snakes, while duckweeds are the enemies of
A mother-in-law is the enemy of the daughter-in-law (son's wife)
when the former makes the latter wear rags.
(7) The rainy season is the enemy of the beggar, while a net is the
A word in season is the enemy of the fools, and makes his eyes red
(8) Cows5 urine is the enemy of milk, while a pimple is the enemy of
Brothers and friends are enemies when one is very much attached
to his wife.