5. "What do you believe to have been the extra-uterine age of the child? Give
6* Did you find any marks of violence or other unusual appearances externallv?
If so, describe them accurately. '
7. Did you find any morbid or unusual appearances on examination of the body
internally? If so, describe them accurately.
8. Do you believe the injuries you observed to have been inflicted before or after
death ? Give reasons.
9. Can you state how they were inflicted ? Give reasons.
10. Do you consider that they were accidental or not? Give reasons.
11. Had the infant respired fully, partially, or not at all?
12. Did you examine the person of the alleged mother of the infant ? If so, have
you reason to suppose that she was recently delivered of a child? Can you state ap-
proximately the date of her delivery ? Give reasons.
Questions that may be put to a Medical Witness in a case of Supposed Death
by Hanging or Strangulation
1. Did you examine the body of , a late, resident of , and if so,
what did you observe ?
2. What do you consider to have been the cause of death ? State reasons for your
3. Did you observe any external marks of violence upon the body?
4. Did you observe any unnatural appearance on examination of the body inter-
5. Was there any rope or other such article round the neck when you saw the
6. Can you state whether the mark or marks you observed, were caused before
or after death?
7. By what sort of articles do you consider the deceased to have been hanged (or
8. Could the marks you observed have been caused by the rope or other article
now before you (No.............of the police charge sheet) ?
9. Do you think that this rope could have supported the weight of the body ?
10. If strangulation, would great violence be necessary to produce the injuries you
11. What, as far as you can ascertain, were the general characteristics of his pre-
vious disposition ?
12. Does he appear to have had any previous attacks of insanity ?
Questions that may be put to a Medical Witness in a case of Supposed Death by
Drowning after Post-mortem Examination of the Body
1. Did you examine the body of , a late resident of , and if so,
what did you observe ?
2. What do you consider to have been the cause of death? State your reasons.
3. Were there any external marks of violence upon the body ? If so, describe them.
4. Describe any unnatural appearances which you observed on further examination
of the body.
5. Did you find any foreign matter, such as weeds, straw, etc., hi the hair, or
clenched in the hands of the deceased or in the air-passages or attached to any other
part of the body?
6. Did you find any water in the stomach?
Questions that may be put to a Medical Witness in a case of Alleged Rape
1. Did you examine the person of Musammat .......... ? If so, how many days
after the alleged rape did you make the examination and what did you observe?
2. Did you observe any marks of violence about the vulva or adjacent parts?
3. Are these injuries such as might have been occasioned by the commission of
4. Was the hymen ruptured?
IV,B.—This question is only to be asked in the case of the rape of a girl of
5. Did you observe any further marks of violence upon the person of the woman ?
6. Has she passed the age of puberty?
7. Can you state approximately what her age is?
8. Did you find her to be a strong, healthy woman, or so weakly as to be unable
to resist an attempt at rape ?