An English Garner
INGATHERINGS FROM OUR HISTORY AND LITERATURE,
%* Abridged Lists of the Texts; many of which are very
rare, and not obtainable in any other form.
Large Crown §vot thth> $s. net.
English Political, Naval, and Military History,
i, The Expedition to Scotland in May, 1543.
2 R. PEEKE'S fight at Xerez with a quarter-staff against three
Spaniards at once, armed with poniards and daggers ; when he
killed one and put the other two to flight. 1625.
3. The Captuie of Cns, in Galatia, by Captain QUAILE and 35
4. Ranks in the British Army, about 1630.
5. The Return of CHARLES II. to Whitehall, 1660.
6. The Retaking of St. Helena, 1673.
English Voyages, Travels, Commerce, etc., etc.
7. The Beginnings of English Trade with the Levant, 1511-1570.
8. The Voyage from Lisbon to Goa of the first Englishman
(THOMAS STEVENS, a Jesuit) known to have reached India by the
Cape of Good Hope. 1572.
9. The extraordinary captivity, for nineteen years, of Captain
ROBERT KNOX in Ceylon; with his singular deliverance. i$6o-
English Life and Progress.
10. The Benefits of observing Fish Days. 1594.
11. The Great Frost. Cold doings in London. 1608.
12. The Carriers of London, and the Inns they stopped at, in
13. A Narrative of the Draining of the Fens. 1661.
English Literature, Literary History, and
14. Sir HENRY SIDNEY. A Letter to his son PHILIP, when at
15. Love Posies. Cpllected about 1590.
16. Sir PHILIP SIDNEY. ASTROPHEL and STELLA [Sonnets]
1591. With the story of his affection for Lady PENELOPE DEVER-
EUX, afterwards RICH.
17. EDMUND SPENSER and others. ASTROPHEL. A Pastoral
Elegy on Sir PHILIP SIDNEY. 1591.
18. JOHN DENNIS. The Secrets of Angling [i.e. Trout Fishing},
1613. Forty years before WALTON'S Angler.
19. Many other single Poems by various Authors,