^ w/^ City Document — No. 12. REPORT OF THE ox NAMING CERTAIN STREETS, AND CHANGING THE NAMES OF CERTAIN OTHER STREETS, APRIL, 1855. ROXBURY: PRINTED FOR THE CITY COUNCIL. 1855. €itti of Koarburn. In Common Council, March 5, 1855. Mr. J. W. Eobbins, of Ward 5, submitted the following Order : — " That the Joint Committee on Highways, Bridges and Sidewalks be ap- pointed to name such Streets as are not named, and re-name such others or parts of others as may be deemed expedient, and report to the City Council." Passed and sent up for concurrence. JOSHUA SEAVER, Clerk. In Board of Aldermen, March 5, 1855. Concurred. JOSEPH W. TUCKER, City Clerk. In Board of Aldermen, April 2, 1855. The Mayor, from the above Committee, submitted the following Report, which was read and accepted. Sent down for concurrence. JOSEPH W. TUCKER, City Clerk. In Common Council, April 10, 1855. On motion of Mr. Williams, of Ward 1, laid on the table and ordered to be printed for the use of the Council. JOSHUA SEAVER, Clerk. REPORT. The Committee on Highways, Bridges and Sidewalks, to whom was referred the Order in relation to Naming and Re-naming Streets, REPOET: That the name of Dudley Street be given to that portion of Eustis Street leading from Elm Street to Dorchester line, making Dudley Street to extend from Eliot Square to Dorchester line, — That the name of Winthrop Street be given to that portion of Greenville Street from Winthrop Street to Grove Hall Avenue, so that Winthrop Street extend from Warren Street to Grove Hall Avenue, — That Sumner Street extend to Mall Street, — That Davis Street extend to Dudley, opposite Elm Street, — That Eustis Street extend from Washington Street to Davis, — That Yeoman Street extend from Davis Street over what is now known as Norfolk Avenue to Cottage Street, Dorchester, — That the Street hitherto called Dennis Street, leading from Warren to East Street, be called Quincy Street, the name given to the extension of said street in Dorchester, — 4 CITY DOCUMENT— No. 12. That Dennis Street, so called, from Grove Hall Avenue to Eustis, near the residence of Hon. Samuel Walker, be called " Walker Street,"— That Smith Street from Centre to Washington Street be called Gardner Street, — That Ruggles Street extend from Linden Park over Cabot to Tremont Street, — That Water Street extend from Washington to Parker Street, — That William Street be called Shawmut Avenue. For the Committee, JAMES RITCHIE, Chairman. Roxbury, April 2, 1855.